Friday, October 14, 2016

Crockpot Cranberry Apple Butter

 

 

 

I'm still not ready to let go of apple season quite yet and move on to pumpkin recipes. My latest use of seasonal Michigan apples is something I will really enjoy on the cooler mornings ahead. I used my crockpot to make some deliciously, spicy cranberry apple butter to enjoy on toast or English muffins. It has cinnamon, cloves and ginger, making it perfect for fall.

The best thing, besides the flavor, was the yummy scent in my house while it was cooking. I put all the ingredients in my crockpot in the morning and by the end of the day, the chopped apples, whole cranberries and spices cooked down to a wonderful color and consistency. It's thick, a little chunky and not your typical apple butter, but for me, that makes it even more delightful.

 

Crockpot Cranberry Apple Butter

(Makes 1 freezer container or jar for immediate use.)


4 apples, peeled and chopped

1/2 bag fresh cranberries

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 tsp ginger

1/4 tsp cloves

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 cup apple cider

Place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir now and then. When mixture has turned a dark red color and is thickened, cool and spoon into jar. Store in refrigerator for immediate use.

Have a wonderful weekend!

 

{Linking with these friends}

French Country Cottage

A Stroll Thru Life

Savvy Southern Style

The Charm of Home

Have a Daily Cup

Between Naps on the Porch

My Side of 50

Skip To My Lou

Rooted in Thyme

Craftberry Bush

21 Rosemary Lane

Stonegable

Rattlebridge Farm

14 comments:

  1. We really like apple butter. I've never tried making my own, but have heard that it is relatively easy. Thanks for the recipe! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum... I could go for a little this am on my english muffin. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so good! Cranberry is my favorite. I'm not a big pumpkin fan. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet your house smelled SO good while this was cooking! I copied the recipe and will give it a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love apple sauce and apple butter I would love this!!! Sounds wonderful.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heaven and I can imagine the smell. Can you tell me what size jar you used? Thanks!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For making all my Homeade jams, I use Ball 8 ounce plastic freezer jars.

      Delete
  7. Oh that looks SO YUMMY! Thanks for the recipe! Have a beautiful day dear Vicki, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this looks so yummy.
    Thanks for sharing at Over The Moon party,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds fantastic! Pinned! Thank you for hosting at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Himachal Pradesh State Government has brought an eSalary portal which is organized to proceed monthly salary of entire state government employees, e Salary HP where there are around 2 Lakhs employees who are serving various IPAOs departments of state in various locations, and the salary has shown employee pay slip is disbursed from the same application through ECS banks. Thus eSalary portal does also provide an option to government employees to find their information online, where the process is managed by the Department of Treasuries,.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (160) florida (124) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (194) nana time (5) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved