Monday, June 6, 2016

Crock Pot Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

 

 

 

One of the best things about summer is how easy it is to throw something on the grill on the weekends and make the simpilest of dinners more fun. Of course, the weather needs to cooperate and when rain is falling, barbeque plans must change.

This easy and delicious recipe for Crock Pot Barbeque Chicken Sandwiches saved my dinner menu on a rainy Saturday and gave me a great way to acheive that barbeque taste without even lighting the grill. All the ingredients were things right from my pantry and the tangy, sweet flavor was nothing short of amazing. A few extras added to your favorite brand of barbeque sauce, along with the magic of a slow cooker become a great dinner option. Along with whole wheat buns and simple homemade coleslaw, a light, summertime main dish can be on your table, whatever the weather brings.

 

Crock Pot Barbeque Chicken Sandwiches


6 pieces skinless and boneless chicken breasts

1 bottle barbeque sauce

1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing

1/4 cup brown sugar

2 T Worcestershire sauce


Place chicken in crock pot. Mix other ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Remove sauce from crock pot. Put shredded chicken and as much sauce as desired back into crock pot to keep warm. Serve on buns.

 

{Linking with these friends}

French Country Cottage

A Stroll Thru Life

Savvy Southern Style

The Charm of Home

Art and Sand

Between Naps on the Porch

Cozy Little House

Eclectic Red Barn

Skip To My Lou

Rooted in Thyme

Craftberry Bush

21 Rosemary Lane

New House New Home

Stonegable

Rattlebridge Farm

6 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and so easy! Thanks for the recipe! The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delicious this looks! I don't have a crackpot but I guess any oven cooker would do. I am ever so slightly hungry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never think to take the slow cooker out in the summer. Thanks for the reminder!
    And thanks for sharing this on Dishing It & Digging It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy, I will try this . . .
    I made crock pot chicken the other day with onions and seasoning.
    I treated myself to salads and the shredded chicken topping.
    Very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! I just made barbecue pork sandwiches and they were delicious! Have a wonderful day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (160) florida (124) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (194) nana time (5) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved