Friday, January 29, 2016

Valentine's Day {Pink}

 

 

With January winding down (Yay!) and Valentine's Day fast approaching, my thoughts are turning to all things red and pink. It's such a sweet holiday and while I don't go all out with decor, I do like a few touches here and there. I also like to make a sweet treat or two to get us into the Valentine's spirit.

 

 

These Chewy Strawberry Cookies are such a sweet Valentine's Day treat and are delicious too. You will be very surprised when you read the recipe and the ingredient list. It's kind of wacky, but it works. The texture and taste are very similar to the expensive macarons I bought from the bakery at Christmas time, so they are really something special.

 

 

What could be sweeter than a mini Button and Burlap Valentine's Banner with touches of red and pink. This is something I made several years ago, but it is the first thing I grab out of the Valentine's storage box. It is so easy to make; any heart shaped buttons will work. Over the years it has hung from my fireplace mantel, my kitchen baker's rack and a dining room hanging shelf. Where will I hang it this year?

Have a wonderful weekend!

 

{Linking with these friends}


French Country Cottage

A Stroll Thru Life

Savvy Southern Style

The Charm of Home

Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson

Between Naps on the Porch

Cozy Little House

Eclectic Red Barn

Skip To My Lou

Rooted in Thyme

DIY by Design

21 Rosemary Lane

Stonegable

Rattlebridge Farm

 

10 comments:

  1. Oh yes, Valentine's day is such a SWEET day:) That treat looks delicious and I adore the banner! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookies sound yummy. And that banner is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. February, Valentine's Day . . . seem to do away with grey, gloom, melting snow and slush to bring in strawberry cupcakes, pink soft colors, tulips and cheer . . .
    Sweet it is . . .
    I like thinking about Monday being Brand New with a Number One February
    to start off those twenty nine days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah... I love the adorable bunting. I've had my hearts out for almost a month already, you know what I love about the valentines décor? When it is time to take it down, we are that much closer to spring!!! Paul and I are going stir crazy inside. : ) Those cookies look almost to pretty to eat!!!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made macaroons for a baby shower last week and they were so hard to make. This is a much easier version.
    And I love your bunting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since it's just hubby and me (and he doesn't do holidays) I don't do much decorating at all. I did put out a Valentine banner with copies of vintage valentines and will send cards to the grands, but that's about it. I like the look of your banner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it so very fun and perfect for valentines day. After pretty in pink is where the party is at
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the valentine ideas. The cookies look delish!
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my! Those cookies look delicious.

    And, that banner is so cute. I have tons of random buttons and I think my next banner needs buttons.

    Thanks for Sharing Your Cup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't decorate much for Valentine's Day but I do like to bake special treats! Off to check out that recipe :) I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/02/book-review-heart-divided-by-kathleen.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (160) florida (124) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (194) nana time (5) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved