Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pomegranate Champagne Punch

 

 

 

When my Bunco group comes to my house, because it's my turn to host, I always like to make a special drink to serve. I started the tradition many years ago, to serve martinis at the first stop of our Christmas progressive and everyone enjoys it very much. Martinis were not what I had in mind for this occasion, but this punch ended up tasting like a delicious cross between a cosmopolitan and a glass of champagne. It was light, refreshing and very easy to serve. When we went though the first pitcher, it took no time to prepare a second.

For ease of serving, I mixed everything together right in a large glass pitcher and it looked very pretty. You could easily use this recipe in a punch bowl and it would be fantastic served at a bridal shower luncheon. Also, if you are having any kind of Valentine celebration, the pink, red color would be perfect for the day.

 

Pomegranate Champagne Punch

In a large glass pitcher, mix together 2 cups cranberry - pomegranate juice, 1 cup pear nectar, 1/2 cup triple sec. Slowly add 1 bottle champagne ( I used prosecco). Stir and serve over ice.


{Linking with these friends}

Stonegable

Rattlebridge Farm


Between Naps on the Porch

Savvy Southern Style

Gooseberry Patch

Sunny Simple Life

 

8 comments:

  1. Yum! You had me at cosmopolitian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I too love a cosmo. Sounds like such an easy drink to prepare, perfect for a ladies get together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect..Sounds like a winner Vicki..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sound really good, and refreshing, too. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmmmmmmmm, can I come over for bunco? Sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Cosmopolitan sound. I do like using Cointreau though instead of a Triple Sec . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delicious. I make a punch using champagne and ginger ale - it was a huge hit at our last gathering

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (160) florida (124) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (194) nana time (5) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved