Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Just the Girls

 

 

 

We have always set aside a morning or afternoon, while on vacation, to find a place to do a little shopping; just the girls on the trip. This year's vacation was no exception and we discovered a delightful little side street with some unique shops, in the town of Oscoda, nestled right on the shores of Lake Huron.

 

 

There were shops surrounded by blooming flowers, benches and chairs designed for taking a rest and just down the street, a gorgeous view of the lake.

 

 

The shops contained the kinds of things I like to purchase when I'm on vacation. There were local crafts and many items unique to the area. There were the cutest pillows stitched with gingham letters, naming all the lakes in the area; perfect for cottage decor. I came home with a scented candle and some homemade apple butter; both in pretty mason jars.

Discovering new things while on vacation is always fun and the fact that this lovely side street was an unexpected find, made it even more special.

Happy Wednesday!

 

11 comments:

  1. Love the town of Oscoda. Just a short drive from my MIL's home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shops like these. So quaint. Your photos are great. I know each time you enjoy the candle, you will have fond memories of your visit. Apple butter is a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun cottage kind of shop . . . such fun places to find when out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing quite like spending time with our daughters and I'll bet that was fun. They look like such a quaint little shops, too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a charming looking place. It is definitely somewhere I would love. xo LAura

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love the same things. These shops are so darling. When I find a one of a kind thing I get so many compliments and treasure it forever. I would have picked up a few of the same things you did! :)

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Pres hates it when I find places like this...LOL!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Local craft finds are my favorite, too. An afternoon of browsing with the girls followed by happy hour at sunset - sounds like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a great little beach town - perfect for browsing. Did you finish with an ice cream? That's what I would have done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicki! Looks like so much fun. Love those kind of stores.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun stores. I'll bet they had lots of cute thing. Hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (160) florida (124) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (194) nana time (5) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved